Wednesday, 25 April 2012

MCC327 Conclusion

This post is mainly for James Dalby, the course leader, but of course, anyone can read it - I couldn't alter that if I wanted to!

We only managed to get two pieces done, despite plans for more. This is, at least on my part, due to the ever encroaching deadlines to do with other modules. As a group, it would also have been better had we been able to meet more often, agreeing to get work done by certain times as a group rather than individually. I think if we had decided that everyone gets to write, direct, edit and shoot a piece, no matter how long or short, it would have been better, then everyone would have been involved in it rather than feeling they were working on someone else's idea. 

My main involvement with the videos was the writing and editing, and would have liked to have a hand a t directing a piece too. Given more time on the existing videos, I would spend more time with the editing on both of the pieces, but as I said, other deadlines loom. I will consider going back to the Gary character, as I think there is more there, especially as the local papers can't seem to let it go. I was initially worried that we'd missed the boat with that concept, but it seems the public in Gloucestershire can't get enough, or at least the papers think they can't!


No comments:

Post a Comment