So, it has been two months give or take since the video went up, and it has been viewed just over 500 times! I'd say that wasn't too bad considering we were expecting nothing!
So, conclusions about the video. Firstly, the planning of the video went well. We got all the footage we needed (whether on purpose or not) and achieved the amateur look we were after (proved by my friends saying it looked badly filmed!). The filming didn't take very long, and once we had remembered how to use Final Cut Express, the editing went smoothly, helped along by not needing to add a soundtrack. There were also a couple of dirty sound edits I liked, such as adding in the word 'cat' from an outtake as it sounded like I said 'hat' in the shot we decided to use. Always fun.
In terms of things I would have changed - I think using the characters of Gary and Maurice could have been taken further, in terms of space (i.e. taking Gary away to places so far removed from where a big cat would be hiding out) and in terms of concept. I think it would have made a fine short series of films, which takes Gary around Gloucestershire investigating the whereabouts of this cat and showing off the things which Gloucestershire has to offer for tourists rather than just around Cheltenham.
This could have finally included interviews with the self proclaimed expert Frank Tunbridge who Gary is perhaps partly (although subconsciously!) based, and others who claim to have seen evidence of the cat or the actual cat itself.
Included below are the notes taken as a group concerning the genesis of Gary and his adventures as well as the risk assessment sheets we have to do for the university, as well as the short screenplay.
- Screenplay
- Notes on the video
- Risk Assessment
Coming next - a very Crappy Advert!
No comments:
Post a Comment